Viruses?...Olive Oil in your ear? WHAT?

I have used this trick for many years and had great success with it. In fact, I found it helpful with preventing colds and flu along with cleaning the house...

When everyone around me is sick and coughing, this seems to help me and I have told quite a few people about it. A few that have used it seem to like the results...

I always wondered why when I would dust my house, I'd get sick later that day. After avoiding the chore as long as possible, it only seemed to be worse when I did dust.

Then one day while dusting, I felt as if something bit me in my inner ear. As the day progressed I started to get a sore throat and so the story goes...

I read somewhere that extra virgin olive oil had some anti-bacterial qualities and also some anti-viral elements, so I started using a q-tip to squeeze one drop of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in my ear, then I laid down with my ear up to let it drain in my ear...in a few minutes I could feel the olive oil in the back of my throat....WHAT?!   Yep, that's what I said...it isn't always noticeable, the milder the olive oil the less I notice it, but my suspicion were true...Ah-Choo from across the room, can land in your ear and voila! A cold, the flu, etc....even dust mites.

I used to be an avid ear washer as well so a clean surface for dust mites, and germs to spread their joy. But now I only wash my ears with hot water and rarely use soap (but if I do use soap, I then do the olive oil trick again). My other theory is that our body has it's own way to deal with things, so the oils in our ears help ward off things that like to get in and cause us grief.

With it being virus season, I thought I should also mention that cats claw and pau d'arco might be good choices to ward off the nasty buggers. They both have some anti-viral elements. Never forget to bump up the Catalyn (from Standard Process), it is a great boost to the immune system. They also have Andrographis Complex which I started taking recently to prevent catching the latest bug.

Stay Healthy my friends!
Patricia J Ahner, AP, LAc, LMT
contact@get-relief.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two week Immune Boost - Putting it all together to stay strong

Intuitive Health Scans - The Future is Now!

What is Qi and why do we need it!